|Study location||Hungary, Budapest|
|Nominal duration||4 years (240 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€2,500 per semester|
|Application fee||€150 one-time|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The aim of the programme is to release qualified professionals in possession of foreign language skills and an understanding of the financial management and organizational characteristics of tourism and catering businesses and, in possession of practical experience, capable of evaluating and analysing the necessary changes and making optimal decisions. They also gain knowledge that will enable them to have a comprehensive view of and manage regional tourism management institutions. Equipped with the acquired knowledge, graduates are able to establish and manage tourism businesses and non-profit organizations.
If you choose this programme…
Graduates of the programme know the principles of the functioning of the tourism sector, the domestic and international tourism market and trends and the characteristics, peculiarities and linkages of market participants.
They are capable of planning, organizing, managing and controlling, in full or in part, the activities of tourism and catering businesses.
They are able to develop tourism products innovatively and launch start-up businesses.
They are in possession of human and social skills, cooperation skills and the ability to recognize and effectively deal with problems related to guests through intercultural and multilingual communication, in line with the given type of organization.
They apply IT skills relevant to the specialist field well and are able to cooperate in a project, team and work organization and bring together regional actors effectively.
- Economics, methodology and business basics,
- Social science basics
- Core courses in specialized business administration and management: Sustainable tourism basics; hotel management 1,2,3; tourism marketing; gastronomy basics; Hungary’s tourism geography; SMEs in tourism and catering
Graduate students are fit for:
- performing tasks and filling jobs in certain specialist fields of tourism and catering (businesses, municipalities, National Parks, Tourist Information Offices, airlines, car rental agencies);
- fulfilling managerial tasks at tourism businesses (hotels, boarding houses, restaurants, event organization businesses, travel agencies);
- creating attractive and experiential offers for local, regional and national organizations (visitor centres, tourist destination management organizations) engaged in tourism development;
- planning, performing and managing coordination and marketing tasks at regional levels;
- continuing their studies in a Master’s degree programme.
Central European Time